With an Appraisal Institute designation behind their names, valuation professionals know they are likely to be recognized immediately for their knowledge, experience and integrity. But besides bestowing designations on qualified professionals, the Appraisal Institute provides tools and resources that can help appraisers take their businesses to the next level. Many of these resources are available to AI professionals at discounted rates or free of charge.
In addition to pursuing a designation, here are some of the benefits of being an AI professional:
- Education: The Appraisal Institute develops programs for individuals to gain the skills and knowledge required to meet AI and state continuing professional development needs. There are offerings for those entering the valuation profession, and for experienced appraisers who want to continue expanding their skills in residential and commercial areas. Designated members and Candidates for Designation receive a discount on AI designation education courses.
- Advocacy: The Appraisal Institute is active in Washington, D.C., and in state capitals around the country, advocating on important legislative, regulatory and other issues on behalf of its individuals and the valuation profession as a whole.
- Online catalog: Available exclusively to Appraisal Institute professionals, the Y.T. and Louise Lee Lum Library offers enhanced search capabilities. One search accesses multiple databases. (An AI I log-in is required.)
- Insurance: Appraisers Liability Insurance Program researches, recommends and endorses liability insurance programs and other related programs for the benefit of Appraisal Institute professionals. A wide selection of protection plans and medical insurance services also are available through the Real Estate Appraisers Group Insurance Trust.
- Technology: Site to do Business offers an integrated market analysis system that combines demographic information, mapping technology and reporting tools for use in appraisal and consulting assignments. Through April 15, 2016, Appraisal Institute professionals receive a 45 percent discount on the platinum level subscription.
- Books: The Appraisal Institute is the world’s largest publisher of real estate valuation literature. AI professionals receive a discount on books and ebooks covering many of the most current topics in the industry. The Appraisal Institute’s online bookstore is stocked with nearly 70 publications on numerous topics important to residential and commercial appraisers.
- News publications: AI is proud to produce two quarterly publications – Valuation magazine and The Appraisal Journal – along with three e-newsletters: Appraiser News Online (weekly), Residential Update (monthly) and Washington Report & State News (quarterly). These award-winning publications keep valuation professionals apprised of news that impacts their livelihoods.
Learn more about these and other benefits.
Share your favorite benefit of being an AI professional.