One of the most rewarding parts of serving as your president is the chance to help recognize some of the best and brightest individuals in our organization. Learn more about how you can be part of that process and other important Appraisal Institute information from the past month!
AI Seeks Nominations for Lifetime Achievement and Outstanding Service Awards
Do you know a highly accomplished Appraisal Institute professional?
AI is accepting nominations for its Lifetime Achievement Award and Outstanding Service Award, two ways the organization annually recognizes some of its most deserving professionals.
Nominations for both awards are due April 30. Awards will be presented at the Appraisal Institute’s 2020 Annual Conference, Aug. 3-5 in Orlando, Florida.
Find more information on the awards and the nomination process.
Don’t Miss the AI Annual Conference’s Offsite Networking Event
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in bowling, billiards and karaoke. The event will include appetizers, wine and beer, and of course a chance to network with your peers in a great environment.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Limited Seats Remain for 2020 LDAC Conference
I’m glad to report that registration is still open for the Appraisal Institute’s 2020 Leadership Development and Advisory Council conference, which will take place May 18-20 at the Hilton Washington, D.C., National Mall, and that a limited number of spots are available.
LDAC is an innovative approach to valuation leadership development and serves as an incubator of new ideas, while helping to establish an appraiser presence in Congress with a day of lobbying on Capitol Hill. Registered attendees who participate in the complete LDAC program will receive AI continuing education credit.
Learn more about the 2020 LDAC conference.
Appraisal Institute Partners with NCREIF on Valuation Symposium
I’m proud to share that the Appraisal Institute and the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries will co-host a valuation symposium entitled “Institutional Real Estate Investment: The Market, The Players, The Future,” July 13, at the Swissotel in downtown Chicago.
The event will bridge the institutional real estate investment and real estate valuation communities in a discussion that covers the commercial real estate market, investment trends and technology.
Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks, and in the interim, direct any questions to email@example.com.
Industry Leadership: AI Contributes at
Major Events in February
In keeping with the Appraisal Institute’s commitment to convey its thought leadership to real estate professionals and others, AI participated in the following events in February:
- Chief Executive Officer Jim Amorin, CAE, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, participated on the CEO Panel at the Alabama Center for Real Estate Conference, Feb. 7, in Birmingham, discussing a variety of commercial-oriented valuation issues.
- I was joined by Director of Government and External Relations Bill Garber at the ASC Roundtable, Feb. 10-11, in Washington, D.C., where we addressed real estate data.
- Sandy Adomatis, SRA, and I represented AI at the Residential Energy Services (commonly known as RESNET) Building Performance Conference, Feb. 24-26, in Scottsdale, Arizona, where our presentation was “The Dike Is Broken: Will Appraisals and HERS Survive?”
New Appraisal Institute Book Focuses on Residential Valuation
Residential real estate appraisers need education, knowledge and experience to perform their valuation assignments competently, and the Appraisal Institute has a new book that can help with that important effort.
“Residential Property Appraisal,” by Mark R. Ratterman, MAI, SRA, explores all aspects of home ownership, value and economics and details all the steps of the appraisal process. The book thoroughly discusses specialty residential property types and markets.
Other News Around the Appraisal Institute
And here’s some other important news from the Appraisal Institute:
- AI posted a new video to its YouTube channel featuring Ivette Collins, MAI; Nick Pilz, MAI, SRA, AI-RRS; and Leslie Sellers, MAI, AI-GRS, discussing the value of their AI designations.
- The Appraisal Institute continues to expand its social media activities. Be sure to follow AI on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Have a great month!