Your association is in the midst of a busy few months, with AI’s other elected officers and I traveling throughout the country and around the world to enhance relationships, make new connections and help expand AI’s national and international opportunities.
AI Seeks Proposals for 2017 International Conference Educational Sessions
The Appraisal Institute is seeking proposals by October 28 for presentations for the joint AI-Appraisal Institute of Canada 2017 International Valuation Conference, June 8-11, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Participants of the 2016 Annual Conference identified high interest in the following topics:
- New Technology and Resources
- Expert Testimony
- Appraisal Review Trends for Appraisers & Lenders
- Green Buildings
- Market Analysis
- Review Expectations & Regulatory Impact
- International Valuation
- Property Rights
Learn more about submitting a presentation.
AI Participates in Key Industry Events
In keeping with the Appraisal Institute’s commitment to convey its thought leadership to real estate professionals and others, I was joined by President-Elect Jim Amorin, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, and Chief Executive Officer Fred Grubbe, MBA, CAE, at the National Association of Romanian Valuers (known as ANEVAR) Valuation Conference, September 9, in Bucharest, Romania. I presented on AVMs, BPOs and appraisals, while Jim addressed use of engagement agreements. Additionally, Vice President Jim Murrett, MAI, SRA, and Fred and I represented AI at the biennial 28th Pan Pacific Congress, September 26-29, in Kyoto, Japan, where I addressed the role of U.S. appraisers in the global financial market.
Immediate Past President Lance Coyle, MAI, SRA, attended the Five Star Conference’s National Appraisal Congress session, September 12, in Dallas. Lance also represented AI at the Baltic Valuation Conference, September 22-24, in Gdansk, Poland, where he addressed market value and highest and best use.
AI also exhibited at the Appraisal Summit and Expo, September 12-14, in Las Vegas.
Other News Around AI
And here’s some additional important news from the Appraisal Institute:
- The list of presentations from the Appraisal Institute 2016 Annual Conference are now available.
- The Appraisal Institute recently received an Award of Distinction in the annual Videographer Awards for AI’s video, “Valuing Stigmatized Properties.” The Videographer Awards are administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. Watch the video.
- If you haven’t already done so, I encourage you to check out the latest quarterly editions of Valuation magazine and The Appraisal Journal, which contain timely and informative articles about relevant topics.
- The Appraisal Institute posted a new video this month featuring James Henderson, SRA; Karl Finkelstein, MAI and Randy Scheidt, MAI, SRPA, SRA, discussing the value of receiving an Appraisal Institute designation. AI also posted a video describing how it brings together the pieces for business success.
- The Appraisal Institute continues to grow its social media presence. Be sure to follow AI on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.