I’m proud to share that the Appraisal Institute Board of Directors’ May 7-8 meeting was historic.
Board Approves Review Designations
The AI Board of Directors has decided to confer the Appraisal Institute’s first new designations in more than 20 years.
In response to the growing and critically important role that appraisal review plays in risk management and mitigation for many clients and users of appraisal services, the Appraisal Institute Board of Directors voted May 8 at its meeting in Chicago to create a professional appraisal Review Designations program.
The program will become available once the necessary infrastructure is completed.
I’m also pleased to report that M. Lance Coyle, MAI, SRA, of Dallas was nominated for 2013 Appraisal Institute vice president by the AI National Nominating Committee at its May 6 meeting in Chicago.
National Nominating Committee Chair Joseph C. Magdziarz, MAI, SRA, announced the committee’s decision to the Board of Directors. Board members may file petitions for additional nominees until mid-June.
To learn about other action taken at the Board meeting, click here.
Candidate for Designation Program Pricing Set
All current state-certified Associate members (or equivalent) may sign up for the Candidate for Designation program beginning June 1. A June 13 webinar for all members about the program was announced earlier this week. Click here to register. This is a great time for nonmembers to take that next step in their careers and join the Appraisal Institute.
The Candidate for Designation program will become the path to Designated membership in the Appraisal Institute. Those committed to becoming Designated members will enroll in a proactive, structured program – similar to an MBA program – that will offer guidance and financial incentives for Candidates to make progress toward designation.
Effective Jan. 1, 2013, the Appraisal Institute will have:
- Designated members,
- Candidates for Designation,
- Practicing Affiliates and
The costs of this program are outlined below:
- The 2013 annual fee for the Candidate program is $450.
- Current Associate members who enroll in the Candidate program by Aug. 31, 2012, will receive a special introductory Candidate program fee of $395, a $55 discount.
- The 2013 annual fee for Practicing Affiliates will be $330, the same as 2012 Associate member dues.
- The 2013 annual fee for Affiliates will be $210, the same as 2012 dues.
Stay tuned for emails, postcards and other communications to current Associate members regarding this program. Click here to learn more.
Other News Around AI
And finally, here’s some other important news from the Appraisal Institute:
- The Appraisal Institute’s 2011 Annual Report is now available here.
- Registration is open for the 2012 Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting, to be held Aug. 1-3 in San Diego. Join fellow AI members for three days of networking, education, exhibits, awards and fun. Click here to register.
- AI will premiere a new education offering in August. The Uniform Appraisal Dataset Aftereffects: Efficiency vs. Obligation seminar is a follow-up to last year’s UAD program.
- The Appraisal Institute published a new book about litigation valuation. “Applications in Litigation Valuation: A Pragmatist’s Guide” is available for purchase here.
If you have an “opinion of value,” please share your comments.