This month, I’m excited to honor the dedication of four standout Appraisal Institute volunteers, and to report a timely new service that will allow candidates to take some AI exams from home.
Appraisal Institute Recognizes 4 Individuals as ‘Volunteers of Distinction’
The Appraisal Institute thrives due to the dedication and hard work of its volunteers. I’m proud to help recognize four individuals who go above and beyond for the organization, earning the title of “Volunteers of Distinction” for the third quarter 2021:
- Eric D. Goodwin, MAI (South Carolina Chapter)
- Justin Reis, MAI, SRA (Keystone Chapter)
- Stanley R. Sidor, MAI, AI-GRS (Seattle Chapter)
- Robert Vodinelic, MAI (Ohio Chapter)
Do you know a volunteer who should be honored for their commitment to the Appraisal Institute? Learn more about the program by clicking here.
Appraisal Institute Attends PAVE Task Force Listening Session
The Appraisal Institute joined the first stakeholder listening session hosted by the Property Appraisal and Valuation Equity Task Force, aimed at tackling bias in the valuation profession. With more than 100 participants, the meeting was attended by representatives from the real estate industry, academia and civil rights organizations.
During the listening session, AI identified a range of issues and provided suggestions relating to reconsideration of value process and procedures, enhancing diversity efforts and strengthening appraisal review and consumer protections within financial institutions. A copy of the AI recommendations can be found here.
For more on the work of the PAVE Task Force, click here.
Online Proctoring Now Available for Select AI Exams
If you haven’t already heard, I’m pleased to tell you about OnVUE online proctoring, which allows Practicing Affiliates and Enrollees access to licensing and certification testing from home. It also allows Candidates for Designation access to designation education testing from home. Click here to learn more.
Other News Around the Appraisal Institute
And here’s some other important news from the Appraisal Institute:
- The Summer 2021 Issue of The Appraisal Journal is now available, featuring an interesting cover article on the National Park Service’s concession program. Also, check out the 3Q issue of Valuation magazine and this issue’s cover story on the booming multifamily sector.
- The Appraisal Institute continues to expand its social media activities. Be sure to follow AI on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, YouTube, and its blog, Opinions of Value.