With the spring season upon us, things are definitely in bloom at the Appraisal Institute.
The current 45-Day Notice to AI members included information on a proposed professional appraisal Review Designations program. The AI Board of Directors is expected to address this topic at its May 7-8 meeting.
The Appraisal Institute is considering creating this program in response to the growing and critically important role that appraisal review plays in risk management and mitigation for many clients/users of appraisal services. If approved by the AI Board of Directors, the professional appraisal Review Designations program would provide professional reviewers with the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the due diligence and risk management needs of their employers and clients.
Additional information about the proposed Review Designations program is available here (AI member log-in required).
Candidate for Designation Program
In other Appraisal Institute news, the Candidate for Designation program is coming. Current Associate members will have the chance to sign up for the path to becoming a Designated member beginning June 1. This is also an excellent opportunity for new members to join the Appraisal Institute and to immediately begin elevating their career.
Candidates for Designation will receive:
- Dedicated advisors to help on the journey to designation,
- Program support from AI local chapters and
- Structured timelines with milestones to help keep candidates on track.
The Candidate for Designation program will take effect Jan. 1, 2013. Click here to learn more (AI member log-in required).
Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting
Registration is now open for the 2012 Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting, Aug. 1-3 in San Diego. Attendees will be able to
- Network and connect with fellow industry professionals.
- Attend sessions with engaging speakers and expert panels.
- Explore new technology.
- Earn up to 18 hours of Appraisal Institute CE credit, and state credit.
- Enjoy sunny San Diego!
Located just off the mainland on a 15-acre peninsula, the Loews Coronado Bay Resort will serve as the headquarters for the 2012 AI Annual Meeting.
Click here to register for the Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting.
Other News Around AI
And finally, here’s some other good news from the Appraisal Institute:
- The Appraisal Institute was included this month in a consumer-focused story on NBC’s Today Show that advised sellers on how they can boost their home’s value. The coverage reached an estimated audience of nearly 7.4 million viewers. Watch the segment.
- AI’s peer-reviewed quarterly publication, The Appraisal Journal, received an honorable mention award last week in the annual ASAE Gold Circle Awards competition, which recognizes excellence in association and nonprofit communications.
If you have an “opinion of value,” please share your comments.