A number of exciting initiatives are under way at the Appraisal Institute that will impact both members and the valuation profession at large.
Candidate Signup is Coming
The Candidate for Designation program will take effect Jan. 1, 2013, and all current State Certified Associate members (or equivalent) can sign up beginning June 1. Webinars have been held for chapter leaders, and a webinar for all members will be scheduled in the coming weeks. This is an ideal time for nonmembers to take that next step in their careers and join the Appraisal Institute.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd9E-Kz7aKM
Click here to learn more about the Candidate for Designation program, and to download the recorded webinar.
Candidates for Designation will receive:
- Dedicated advisors to help them on the journey to designation,
- Program support from local chapters and
- Structured timelines with milestones to help keep Candidates on track.
Emails, postcards and other communications with all the information needed to sign up will be coming soon.
Board to Address Review Designations
AI members may wish to review last month’s 45-Day Notice regarding a proposed professional appraisal Review Designations program. The AI Board of Directors is expected to address this topic at its May 7-8 meeting.
Additional information about the proposed Review Designations program is available here (AI member log-in required).
Educated Appraisers Rise above Competition
The Appraisal Institute will offer a variety of new education courses premiering in May and June:
- Appraisal Review – Residential seminar
- Case Studies in Appraising Green Commercial Buildings course
- Practical Regression Using Excel seminar
- Marketability Studies seminar: The Six-Step Process and Basic Applications seminar
AI also will host a webinar about data security and recovery for appraisal professionals on May 9.
Make Plans to Attend the AI Annual Meeting
Registration is now open for the 2012 Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting, Aug. 1-3 in San Diego.
AI has arranged to have three enlightening general session speakers, including former U.S. Navy Captain and P.O.W. Charles Plumb, Colliers International CEO/USA Dylan Taylor, and just announced, Floyd Robinson, assistant general counsel, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Professional Liability and Financial Crimes Section.
At the Annual Meeting, attendees will be able to:
- Network and connect with fellow industry professionals.
- Attend sessions with engaging speakers and expert panels.
- Explore new technology and exhibits.
- Earn up to 18 hours of Appraisal Institute CE credit, and state credit.
- Relax and enjoy sunny San Diego!
Click here to register for the Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting.
Other News Around AI
And finally, here’s some other exciting news from the Appraisal Institute:
- AI launched its YouTube channel April 2. YouTube is AI’s latest entry into the social media space, joining the organization’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn sites, along with the “Opinions of Value” blog. Click here to view the video about the Candidate for Designation program.
If you have an “opinion of value,” please share your comments.