There’s still time to take advantage of discounted “early bird” registration for the AI 2019 Annual Conference! Here’s more about that, and other news, from the past month.
Last Chance for Discounted Registration at AI Annual Conference
“Early bird” registration for this year’s Appraisal Institute Annual Conference ends May 3 – just one week from today! This special rate is $150 less than the onsite price, so I encourage you to register now.
The 2019 AI Annual Conference will take place July 22-24 at the downtown Hyatt Regency Denver near the Colorado Convention Center, steps from all the Mile High City has to offer.
Allison Massari – an entrepreneur, celebrated artist and executive coach named on the “Best Keynote Speakers List” by Meetings & Conventions magazine – will be this year’s keynote speaker.
The AI Annual Conference also will feature another terrific general session — “Cannabis & Real Estate – The Ripple Effects of Legalization & Regulation” – which will illuminate the impacts legalization and regulation are having on real estate markets.
I hope you’ll join hundreds of your colleagues for informative speakers, networking, continuing education (with the chance to earn Appraisal Institute and state continuing education credit), an awards ceremony, a gala dinner (with a band of AI professionals), exhibits of cutting-edge products and services, and abundant opportunities to explore Denver.
Don’t miss out! Learn more about the 2019 AI Annual Conference.
AI and Freddie Mac Premiere Manufactured Homes Course
The Appraisal Institute is collaborating with Freddie Mac to provide practical appraisal training to all appraisers, as well as specifically targeted training and case studies, to address manufactured housing valuation assignments for Freddie Mac’s CHOICEHomeSM.
Freddie Mac and the Appraisal Institute will offer more than 60 educational opportunities in classroom settings in nearly 30 states through November; online classes also will be offered. The first class premiered April 16 (Dallas), the second took place April 23 (Atlanta), the third was held April 25 (Charlotte, North Carolina) and the next will be May 7 (Detroit).
Find out about this great initiative!
Industry Leadership: AI Contributes at Major Events in April
In keeping with the Appraisal Institute’s commitment to convey its thought leadership to real estate professionals and others, Chief Executive Officer Jim Amorin, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, served on a panel at the American Real Estate Society (commonly known as ARES) Annual Meeting, April 9-13, in Scottsdale, Arizona, on the relationship between universities and associations, and attracting new individuals into the valuation profession. AI also exhibited at this event.
Immediate Past President Jim Murrett, MAI, SRA, represented AI at the Risk Management Association (commonly known as RMA) CRE Appraisal Manager Forum, April 11-12, in Las Vegas, where he led a discussion on the appraisal regulatory environment.
I attended the Residential Energy Services Network (commonly known as RESNET) board meeting, April 17, in Olympic Valley, California, where I discussed the AI-RESNET partnership.
I also participated in a media tour, April 3-4 in New York; where I met with reporters at The Wall Street Journal, National Mortgage News, Money magazine, Realtor.com and The Mortgage Leader.
Q1 2019 ‘Volunteer of Distinction’ Honorees Named
Congratulations to the AI professionals honored by the Appraisal Institute in first quarter 2019 as a “Volunteer of Distinction”:
- Gregory J. Accetta, MAI, AI-GRS (Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapter);
- Patrick H. Adamson, MAI, SRA (Atlanta Area Chapter);
- Lauren E. Berkemeyer, Candidate for Designation (Atlanta Area Chapter);
- Donna B. Bordelon, MAI, AI-GRS (Atlanta Area Chapter);
- Nicholas P. Cadigan, MAI (Northern California Chapter);
- Lisa L. Faulkner, SRA (Savannah Area Chapter);
- Colin “Grant” Griffin, MAI (Atlanta Area Chapter);
- Sarah G. Guthrie, MAI (South Carolina Chapter);
- Matthew M. Magdziarz MAI, (Chicago Chapter);
- Allen D. McCravy, MAI (South Carolina Chapter);
- Susan A. Merrick, SRA (San Diego Chapter);
- Carol D. Mouchet, Practicing Affiliate (Savannah Area Chapter);
- J. Carl Schultz Jr., MAI, SRA (Atlanta Area Chapter); and
- J. Marshall Vann, MAI, SRA (South Carolina Chapter).
Any AI professional in good standing may nominate another AI professional in good standing at VOD@appraisalinstitute.org.
Check out the Nomination Form and Program Description for further details.
Other News Around AI
And here’s some more important news from the Appraisal Institute:
- The Appraisal Institute has released its 2018 Annual Report.
- The Appraisal Institute posted two new videos to its YouTube channel this month. In the first, I provide some home improvement tips, and in the other I offer details about the 2019 Annual Conference.
- If you haven’t already done so, check out the latest quarterly editions of Valuation magazine and The Appraisal Journal, which contain timely and informative articles about relevant topics.
- The Appraisal Institute continues to grow its social media activities. Be sure to follow AI on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.