Learn more about today’s events, including locations and other information, on the app by downloading the EventMobi app and entering the code AIConf18.
- 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Annual Conference Registration & Information Desk open
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Breakfast
- Noon – Golf outing
Appraisal Institute Honors Annual Award Winners at Luncheo
The Appraisal Institute honored 13 individuals for their contributions to the valuation profession at a luncheon Tuesday sponsored by the Appraisal Institute Education and Relief Foundation. Congratulations to the following individuals:
Appraisal Institute awards:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Leslie P. Sellers, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Craig M. Harrington, SRA, AI-RRS
- Outstanding Service Award – Timothy P. Runde, MAI
- President’s Award – Scott Robinson, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, AI-RRS
- President’s Award – Mark R. Ratterman, MAI, SRA
AI Education and Relief Foundation awards:
- George L. Schmutz Award – Don M. Emerson Jr., MAI, SRA
- Dr. William N. Kinnard Jr. Award – Nelson Bowes, MAI, AI-GRS
- Y.T. and Louise Lum Award – Paula K. Konikoff, JD, MAI, AI-GRS
The Appraisal Journal awards:
- Armstrong/Kahn Award – Richard L. Parli, MAI, and Norman G. Miller, Ph.D.
- Swango Award – Patricia Staebler, SRA
- Richard U. Ratcliff Award – Chris Mothorpe, Ph.D., and David Wyman, Ph.D.
Don Gossman, SRA, Talks About Exposing Fraud
Veteran appraiser Don Gossman, SRA, shared his experiences as a part of a team that investigated a mortgage fraud ring in Kansas City, Missouri, which involved 61 properties worth $16.9 million and caused losses of $6.3 million. The case resulted in nine people pleading or being found guilty. Gossman also shared his knowledge on the importance of compliance and standards in the valuation profession.
Congratulations to This Year’s Prize Winners!
Winners of the Hall of Fame Game Card contest will receive exciting prizes, including registration for next year’s 2019 Appraisal Institute Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado.
Congratulations to the following attendees:
- Rachel Massey, SRA, AI-RRS, complimentary registration to the 2019 AI Annual Conference
- Clayton Haehl, MAI, SRA, YETI Hopper Flip 8 portable cooler
- Teri Zarate, iRobot Roomba with wifi connectivity
- Sherry Watkins, MAI, Dyson tabletop fan
- Doug Barak, SRA, $100 Amazon gift card
- Donna Ginty, $100 Amazon gift card
Winners will receive their prizes via mail.
Attendees to Enjoy Golf at Nationally Recognized Course
Annual Conference attendees who pre-registered will play a round of golf this afternoon at Gaylord Springs Golf Links, which has been recognized among GolfWeek’s best courses to play in Tennessee. Transportation will depart from the JW Marriott’s main entrance promptly at noon, so don’t be late!
Be Sure to Respond to the Post-Conference Survey
Check your email in the next day or so for a survey asking your impressions of the 2018 Appraisal Institute Annual Conference. You’ll have the chance to comment on your favorite parts of the event, and to suggest changes. Please be sure to complete the survey – and help make next year’s conference even better.
See You in Denver Next Year!
Save the date for the 2019 Appraisal Institute Annual Conference: July 22-24 in Denver, Colorado. The Mile High City’s thriving downtown and beautiful natural surroundings are sure to be a great place for the valuation profession to come together for networking, education and fun. The event will take place at the downtown Hyatt Regency, within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, sight-seeing and all the fun Denver has to offer.