Here’s What’s Happening Today
Learn more about today’s events, including locations and other information, on the app by downloading the EventMobi app and entering the code AIConf19.
- 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Registration & information desk open
- 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. – Continental breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Breakout sessions
- 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Coffee break/Exhibit hall
- 10:30 a.m. to Noon – Breakout sessions
- Noon to 1:30 p.m. – AI Awards Luncheon, sponsored by AI Education and Relief Foundation
Awards Luncheon to Honor Leaders of the Valuation Profession
The best and brightest in the real estate valuation profession will be honored at today’s Appraisal Institute Awards Luncheon. Awards from the Appraisal Institute, the AI Education and Relief Foundation, and The Appraisal Journal will be presented.
President’s Award Presented at President’s Gala Dinner
Appraisal Institute President Stephen S. Wagner, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, presented the President’s Award to two deserving honorees at Tuesday night’s President’s Gala dinner:
- Stephanie C. Coleman, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, AI-RRS
- James L. Murrett, MAI, SRA
Attendees enjoyed dining, networking and dancing to the music of “When Nothing Else Works,” a band of Appraisal Institute professionals consisting of:
- Charles Baker, SRA, AI-RRS;
- Mike Mignogna, MAI, AI-GRS;
- Rob Moorman, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS; and
- Tim Treadway, MAI.
Panelists Discuss Cannabis & Real Estate
An in-depth discussion on the legalization of cannabis from coast to coast and its impact on real estate highlighted Tuesday’s general session. Panelists John Vaughan, MAI, senior vice president, Newmark Knight Frank; Andrew Lines, MAI, principal, CohnReznick Advisory; Brad Weiman, MAI, senior managing director, Newmark Knight Frank; and Beau Witney, senior economist, New Frontier Data, Inc., told attendees what valuation professionals and others need to know about developments across the country.