I’m proud to tell you that AI has established a terrific partnership with Freddie Mac that could help appraisers expand their business opportunities! Here’s more about that, and other news, from the past month.
AI and Freddie Mac to Teach Valuation of Manufactured Homes
The Appraisal Institute and Freddie Mac on March 6 announced a partnership targeted to help real estate appraisers when valuing manufactured housing.
The Appraisal Institute’s partnership with Freddie Mac will provide practical appraisal training to all appraisers, as well as specifically-targeted training and case studies to address manufactured housing valuation assignments for Freddie Mac’s CHOICEHomeSM.
Freddie Mac and the Appraisal Institute will offer more than 60 educational opportunities in classroom settings in nearly 30 states through November; online classes also will be offered. The first classes will be held April 16 (Dallas), April 23 (Atlanta), April 25 (Charlotte, North Carolina) and May 7 (Detroit).
Get the details about this fantastic partnership!
Registration Opens for 2019 AI Annual Conference
Don’t miss out! Registration is now open for the 2019 Appraisal Institute Annual Conference, July 22-24, at the downtown Hyatt Regency Denver near the Colorado Convention Center.
Allison Massari – an entrepreneur, celebrated artist and executive coach named on the “Best Keynote Speakers List” by Meetings & Conventions magazine – will be the keynote speaker at the Annual Conference.
I hope you’ll join me at the AI Annual Conference, which will feature informative speakers, numerous opportunities for networking, continuing education (with the chance to earn Appraisal Institute and state continuing education credit), an awards ceremony, exhibits of cutting-edge products and services and abundant opportunities to explore Denver.
Learn more about the AI Annual Conference.
Appraisal Institute Publishes Book on Corridor Valuation
I’m excited to share that the Appraisal Institute, the Appraisal Institute of Canada and the International Right of Way Association on Feb. 27 published “Corridor Valuation: An Overview and New Alternatives,” which includes a broad range of experiences and opinions of numerous valuation professionals and addresses the appraisal of railroad corridors in the U.S. and Canada.
Learn more and order your copy!
AI Contributes at Major Industry Events
In keeping with the Appraisal Institute’s commitment to convey its thought leadership to real estate professionals and others, I presented at the Residential Energy Services Network (commonly known as RESNET) Building Performance Conference, Feb. 25-27, in New Orleans, on “The RESNET-Appraisal Institute Partnership,” and “U.S. Housing Market – The Good, Bad and Ugly;” as well as a joint presentation with Sandy Adomatis, SRA, on “The HERS Value and Potential Liability in the Appraisal Process.”
Additionally, Immediate Past President Jim Murrett, MAI, SRA, presented at the Risk Management Association Chief Appraisers Roundtable, March 1, in San Antonio, on “Appraisal Policy Update.” And, Chief Executive Officer Jim Amorin, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS, presented at Valuation Expo, March 18-20, in Chicago, as part of the “Collateral Matters” panel. AI also exhibited at this event.
Other News Around AI
And here’s some more important news from the Appraisal Institute:
- If you’re interested in serving on an Appraisal Institute national committee in 2020, you’ll need to complete the Leadership Resource Registry by Aug.1. Learn more.
- Would you like to help acknowledge your fellow AI professionals? The Appraisal Institute is accepting nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Award and the Outstanding Service Award. Find more information on the awards and the nomination process (AI log-in and password required).
- The Appraisal Institute posted a new video to its YouTube channel about the organization’s news publications. Check out the video!
- Coming soon: The Appraisal Institute will launch a new association management system, or AMS, this fall. More information will be forthcoming.
- The Appraisal Institute continues to grow its social media activities. Be sure to follow AI on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.