Registration for the 2015 Appraisal Institute Annual Meeting opened today, March 3. Valuation professionals are encouraged to register today to receive the special rate before it expires March 30.
In the Appraisal Institute’s latest video, four AI professionals share their most unusual valuation assignments. AI individuals provide valuation services around the world and are often tasked with providing opinions of value for interesting properties in out-of-the-ordinary places. [Read more…] about Video: What Was Your Most Unusual Valuation Assignment?
In addition to serving its professionals, AI is the world’s largest publisher of appraisal literature and the global leader in appraisal education. [Read more…] about Video: Appraisal Institute Providing Solutions for Today and Tomorrow
President M. Lance Coyle, MAI, SRA, discusses the Appraisal Institute’s goals and priorities for 2015 to grow the organization’s role as a leader in the valuation profession. Among the goals outlined in the video are:
- Promoting Appraisal Institute professionals, education and body of knowledge around the world;
- Supporting the efforts of the International Center for Valuation Certification;
- Expanding the use of the Appraisal Institute’s Standards of Valuation Practice;
- Increasing the numbers of professionals who receive Appraisal Institute designations; and
- Adding more appraisers to the Appraisal Institute’s commercial and residential green registries.
Many Americans are familiar with the term “real estate appraisal,” and what that has meant in their personal experiences. However, most may be surprised to learn about the deep and various expertise held by Appraisal Institute Designated members.